The boys and I just got back from a trip to Chicago. This is a trip that has been a long time in the making...they have wanted to go on a "Chicago pizza tour" for a couple of years now, but until this summer, I was not in a good place to be able to plan it. I am not a great traveler and planning something like this seemed very overwhelming until recently. But this summer, I decided that I was going to bite the bullet and make it happen. Which is why we found ourselves on the train last week, heading out for our grand adventure.
While my anxiety surrounding the trip did spike quite high before we left, once we got there, things calmed down a bit (anxiety wise anyways) and in the end, we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Here are a few stats from our trip:
- 4: days spent in Chicago
- 36: hours spent on Amtrak to and from Chicago
- 2: books finished (Kinshield Legacy (free on the kindle) and The Wayfarer King both by K.C. Mays)
- 10+: Card and Yahtzee games played
- 5: pizza joints visited
- 1: fantastic steak house dinners
- 2: Chicago hot dogs eaten
- 9: new restaurants tried
- 1: Lake Michigan boat tours
- 15+: penguins seen
- 3: major tourist stops visited (Navy Pier, the Bean & the Shedd Aquarium)
- 140: iPhone photos taken
- 74: DSLR photos taken
All in all I am so glad that I pushed through and made this happen. Will hopefully post some photos soon.