Meg always seems to find fun memes and I was looking for a good "Valentine's Day" post, so figured that I would jump in.
1. What is his name? Jeffrey Charles
2. How long have you been together? 21 years (married 16 years, dated about 5) yes, we met young (I was 18, he was 21).
3. How long did you date? As mentioned above, about 5 years. Started dating at the end of my freshman year in college (1987)
4. How old is he? Will be 43 in just about a week
5. Who eats more? He does.
6. Who said I love you first? I think that he did…actually he said that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me first. He also was ready to start a family first. But he has always had the patience to wait for me.
7. Who's Taller? He is…but I am 5′2″ so that is not saying much (he is 6′0″).
8. Who can sing better? I can. But that is not really saying much either.
9. Who is smarter? We each have our areas of expertise. I would not marry someone who wasn't smart! (He had the right answer when I asked him though…he said that I was…so that shows you that he is pretty danged smart!)
10. Who does the laundry? We both do.
11. Who pays the bills? We have both done it at different times. He does them now (mostly through auto-bill pay to simplify things) which is fine with me.
12. Who sleeps on the right side? From which perspective? Looking at it while you are lying down, I do. And yes, it matters.
13. Who mows the lawn? A great guy that we found through neighbors. I used to mow it before the boys and I started spending our summers in Ocean City. I know, we have a rough life.
14. Who cooks dinner? Too complicated to explain.
15. Who drives? Definitely Jeff. I hate driving and he hates being a passenger. Works great.
16. Who is more stubborn? Most definitely me.
17. Who kissed who first? He most definitely kissed me first…after doing a heck of a lot of flirting…the tease…
18. Who asked who out first? We met when we each pledged the band sorority and fraternity at Va Tech. We got together at a party and did not have a "date" until a little while later. What he mostly remembers from that date was how slow I eat.
19. Who proposed? Jeff - we had dinner at The Farmhouse (just about the only local "fancy" restaurant) and then he took me back to the Va Tech duckpond to ask me.
20. Who has more friends? I do. I am the extrovert in the family.
21. Who is more sensitive? I am.
22. Who has more siblings? Neither…we each have 1 brother.
23. Who wears the pants? Definitely NOT going there…
I recently found a picture taken at the Marching Virginian's Band Formal sometime after we had gotten engaged. I need to figure out how to scan it so I can post it. It is scary how young we look (not to mention that great "big" 80s hair thing that I had going).