I swear that I thought that we had all of next week before Christmas. But we don't. Christmas eve is on Monday! How did that happen?
Just thought that I would give friends and relatives a heads up…nothing is going to be on time.
- The picture collage to go in the Christmas cards is finished and printed, but I still have to sign the cards and send them out.
- The presents for our aunts and uncles and brothers are bought, but not mailed yet.
- I had already known that one present for the grandparents was going to be late as I just discovered it a few weeks back and it will take some time to pull together, but I promise it will be worth the wait.
- The photo collage pages for the annual Elms Boys Calendar have been done for over a week, but when I went to pull together the calendar part I found that the disk that I usually use has gone missing (yes, this software is so old that it requires the disk to be in the computer). After spending two nights trying to find calendar software (either freeware or pay version) I did find one that seemed to fit the bill, however the free trial only allows you to print the first 3 pages. Unfortunately there was enough that I did not like about the software so I am not sure if I want to pay for it. I have not been able to find any consensus on good calendar software on the web so I am still trying to figure that out. At the last minute of course.
- The boys are almost finished making their presents, but I am still not 100% sure we will be able to assemble them…we found a fun project and Jason wanted to do some things a bit different and I am hoping they will work.
- The tree is up and has lights and garland but no decorations yet.
- The house has no lights.
- The house is half decorated and I still need to find the boys stockings.
- I think that I have all the boys presents, but have not been able to sit down and actually figure out what exactly we have for them (I have been picking up things here and there for months)
I really need that extra week. Really I do. I wish that I knew where it went and what on earth happened this year. I did try. I swear that I did.