Well, we are down to our last day or two before we make the trek home. We have also been enjoying the fact that Ocean City turns almost into a ghost town on September 2. Easy to find parking and no lines at restaurants. And the weather and beach are just as nice.
The photography session yesterday went great and was so much fun. I can't wait to see the pictures. Turns out that because of the remnants of the tropical storms heading our way, my in-laws are going to stay put in Virginia Beach rather than join us here. So I guess all that is left is for me to pack up our things, maybe hit the beach one more time (before the rain!) and head home.
I thought that I would list some of the things that we are looking forward to as well as some of the things that we will miss.
Things I am Looking Forward To
- Seeing our friends again (we missed them!)
- Getting back into a routine
- Our wonderful library!
- Having two computers for the boys so they do not have to share (and I do not have to play referee)
- My dairy co-op (ahhh...fresh milk again!)
- Shopping at Trader Joes and My Organic Market
- Trader Joes French Toast
- Our huge backyard so Ellie has someplace to really run
Things I will Miss
- Sitting on the dock in the morning
- Early evenings on the beach
- Watching the boys in the ocean
- Awesome sunsets
- Our friends down here
- Grabbing a quick dinner at Anthony's
- Lots of great places to eat awesome seafood (especially crabs!)
- Being able to walk to so many places
- Only filling my gas tank twice this summer
- Relatively little traffic
I am sure there are more things, but these are the main things that came to me off the top of my head.
Now all I have to do is get packed up and we are off...